Make My Day

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Back to the Grind

After 35 plus years of heading off to work, day in and day out, I'm finally in a position which allows me ample time for myself. So, this was the first summer I took off. No worries, no pressure, no headaches. How sweet it was!

However, all good things must come to an end. I've actually had enough of getting up when I want to in the mornings. My freezer is loaded with fish I've caught these past two months. The lakes and streams, the solitude I feel in the woods by a campfire, and the long drives in the country are losing their awesome wonder.

As summer here in the Peg starts its transition into fall, it's time to hang up the shorts and t-shirts, pull my business duds out of the mothballs, and give those summertime wonders a rest for a few seasons.

You've more than likely guessed by my lack of posts, I've done diddley squat all summer but have fun, fun, fun.

3 Comments:

  • Sadly, it always seems to be the case that we can't wait to get back to routine when our lives are devoid of it, but when we have returned to the routine, after a certain point we long for the lack of routine we once had.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 3:54 PM  

  • Actually, I believe fun is what life is supposed to be - all of the time. The routine (especially the 9-5 routine) is all designed artificially or is self-imposed.

    It's great that you had such a wonderful summer!

    By Blogger Chyrene Pendleton, at 9:19 PM  

  • Well said, both of you. Thanks

    By Blogger Salsguy, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home